For over sixty years the name Weinschel has become synonymous with leadership in RF and microwave technologies and superior quality components and subsystems for wireless, defense, test and measurement, and broadband markets throughout the world. Among its many technological achievements, Weinschel was the first to design and manufacture commercially available coaxial attenuators. Today, built upon a strong heritage, Weinschel (formerly Aeroflex / Weinschel) continues to provide a vast array of standard products together with custom-engineered solutions to satisfy demanding market needs for precision and high reliability coaxial components.
Weinschel's product offering includes fixed attenuators for test, metrology and space applications; continuously variable, manual step, solid-state digital step and programmable step attenuators; high power terminations; resistive splitters and dividers; manual phase shifters; Planar Blind-Mate ®, Planar Crown ® connectors. In addition to coaxial components covering DC-40 GHz, Weinschel offers a complete range of standard and custom-designed SmartStep ® multi-path switching, combining, and attenuation subsystems for cable infrastructure and mobile wireless test applications, including RF simulation, multi-path and fading, high-power hot-switching attenuation, RF signal conditioning, RF and IF signal routing, and production testing.
Weinschel's 35,000 square foot facility, located in Frederick, Maryland, is certified to ISO 9001-2008 standards.
- Fixed Attenuators: Offering a wide selection of frequency ranges from dc to 50 GHz, power handling to 1,000 W.
Programmable Attenuator & Switch Units:
Available in single and multi-channel configurations with most Programmable types.
- 8310 SmartStep® Attenuator Units
- 8311 SmartStep® Attenuator Units
- 8312 SmartStep® High Power Attenuator Unit
- 8314 WLAN Simulator
- 8320 Programmable Attenuator Units
- 8321 Programmable Attenuator Units
- 8331 Programmable Attenuator Units
- 8334 Programmable Attenuator Profile Simulator Unit
- 8501 High Power Switch
- 8512 Programmable Switch Units
- All in Category
Digital & Programmable Attenuators & Switches:
Wide selection of solid-state, mechanical relay and edge-line designs. Choice of range / step sizes and frequency ranges to 40 GHz.
- MMIC Digital Switched to 6 GHz
- PIN & GaAS Switched, to 6 GHz
- Mechanical Relay Switched, to 6 GHz
- Edge Line (Binary) Switched, to 26.5 GHz
- SmartStep® to 26.5 GHz
- Attenuator / Switch Controllers
- All in Category
- Simulation, RF Distribution: Smartstep® solutions to challenging test, simulation and RF distribution by offering off-the-shelf or designed to customer requirements.
- Terminations & Loads: Offering a wide selection of frequency ranges from dc to 50 GHz, power handling to 1,000 W.
- Power Splitters & Dividers: Wide variety of Resistive products that operate over dc to 40 GHz with many different connector options available.
- Manual Step Attenuators: For those applications demanding broadband accuracy with low SWR and accurate repeatability over large attenuation ranges.
- Continuously Variable Attenuators: For applications where the need exists for controlling signal levels continuously without interrupting the circuit.
- Mechanical Phase Shifters: Ideal for high densely packaged systems with minimum accessibility. Linear adjustable in a small in-line coaxial packages.
- DC Blocks: Inside/Outside Models, Multi-Octave Bandwidth with Low SWR across the frequency range.
- Coaxial Adapters & Connector Systems: Precision In-series and between series coaxial adapters, Planar Crown® & Blind-mate® connectors.
Catalogs & News
- May 12, 2016: NEW Low PIM attenuators and Terminations
- Sept. 3, 2015: API Technologies Corp. and RFMW Ltd. Announce Expanded Distribution Agreement.
- Click here to download or request mailed copies of our latest catalogs.
- All of our standard products are available through our distribution channels: RFMW.